Sunday 25 January 2009

Today was

Saturday, 24 January 2009. It was my off-day. It was supposed to be my laze-in day too but being itchy, I didn't laze. In fact, I could've arrive at the office on time if I wanted but since I decided not to (and was actually asked not to), I didn't. Along with my usual accomplice, I went out to see what colour the town was painted in.

Well, to my surprise, the town was quite quiet. Quiet by my definitions would mean that it's nothing like what it's supposed to be come public holiday. I guess it's attributed to the fact that it's a VERY VERY long holiday and to people in the Federal Territory and working 5-day week, all they needed to do was to take another 3 days holiday and they'll have 10 straight days of not working.

It doesn't mean much if you don't already have plans but it means a lot to me if it was Hari Raya though.

We started the day off by sending Naz off to KLCC - the poor guy had to work today to replace the whatever holidays that the company have decided to 'grant' him. Moved to Damansara for breakfast before proceeding to Taman Bahagia (the GPS actually has Taman Bahagia in it, although it was quite a fuss finding the right combination of search keywords to get the desired output). Handled some business there then went to The Curve..

The Curve was EMPTY! Well yes, that was exaggerating but it wasn't full as expected. The street was accesible, tables weren't filled, restaurants were almost empty and it was 2pm. Went round and round and visited a few shops. Bought me a shoe rack to what else, store shoes! It's a 3-tier rack from Ikea so they're modular units. Initially wondered how to fit it in the car but yes, Ikea's thought of all that waaaaay before we had to come to the problem. Opened the plastic wrapping and converted the package into 2+1 tier and they fit in the boot just nice.

Went to Plaza Berjaya (but didn't even go up to the office) for a drink and went to Low Yatt to get some stuff for the office and for home. For home is this nice and quiet keyboard, a timely replacement considering some keys on the old one are not working anymore. Contemplated between an RM18 piece and an RM25 piece but succumbed to the branding and bought Logitech's keyboard. Made some off-hand calculations so the purchase would amount to RM200 so I can claim 2 points for the purchase and the bill actually came to RM201.10.

Met Mali, went for drinks, had a long chat then parted ways before going to BTS. Round and round and then went to Brickfields to drop off a package for Abdul before heading back to Wangsa Maju, fetched Naz then went for dinner at Aeon Mall, AU2. Makan-makan, met my father's friend whose name I don't remember but who remembers my face and smiled at me which I later saw having drinks with family at OTWC and I then went to meet him and have a courtesy conversation.

It's a small world, lah.

Left Aeon Mall, stopped by the apartment before going out again to Waizuri. It's a football night tonight and since I know which team's playing, I know what to expect when I get home. So decided to while the night a bit at NZ, had drinks and a lot of chicken wings before returning. Arrived home at half past 1, 'assembled' the modular shoe rack, placed 2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of slippers in it and went up.

Yes, the stadium was already set up.

Rushed to the computer to (excitedly) replace the keyboard before opening facebook to make my Scrabble moves. I'm having quite some luck at the moment and leading most of the games. I've been in this condition before and I know it would be disasterous if I slacken.

That's about all for today, which was Saturday, 24 January 2009.

Tomorrow's replacement dinner sounds like it'll be very good. The prelude was juicy, I just can't wait! :)

Nite-nite.