Monday 12 January 2009

A short write

Mengadu pun dah puas tapi tak puas lagi nak cerita..

Just as I have reported many many times ago through out the many years of writing, I am experiencing the back-ache again. Although this is not the first time it happened, this is the first time it happened while I was actually playing.

Scenario:
On the opponent's side of the basketball court, following a team mate as he cruises to the ring to convert an opportunity, jumped to reach for the ball and landed, without the ball. Turned my upper body immediately in search for the ball and stopped midway. Ouch.

Went to the bench to lie down. Perspiring profusely. It didn't actually hurt while lying down but it does when walking or standing.

I am now walking like I have one leg longer than the other.

Well at least I don't have to cling on some support. I used to. Thinking of going to Living Well but at RM110/visit, it's not something I can spend on at the moment because therapies like this require constant return visits. The last time I went there, I had to attend therapy for 5 consecutive days and then repeat once a week for another 2 weeks. The doctor advised me to attend therapy at least once a month but well, me being me, failed to adhere to his advise.

If only money grow on uncle's trees.

I'm taking a breather from the still nagging pain on my back. I'm not worried about the pain but concerned that the pain would result or lead to something worse once age comes to me. I saw an x-ray of my spine showing a calcium build-up on a few vertebrae (singular form is vertebra) resulting in hook-like bones. If the calcium continues to build up, I will not be able to stand up straight anymore when I'm old.

Gila tak macho.

Although seeming macho is the last thing on my mind to be when I'm old, I just can't imagine walking like a coiled-up armadillo, that's all.

If you're still young when you read this, remember to always warm up before games no matter how trivial the game you may be playing (unless if it's a board game of course :P). Always practice proper posture when lifting items off the floor and for your own good, walk and sit up straight. If you don't think walking/sitting up straight would help you, do it for me. It's just a sore looking at people slouching.

If you're already old and am already experiencing the pains that I mentioned, haha, tough!

No comments: