Thursday 8 January 2009

Savings? Or Current?

Have a savings account, even if just one.

I've been surviving so far thanks to the existence of the ATM card. Both my accounts are current and it's been 8 years since I had a savings account. I find current accounts better because I can issue cheques to make payments.

This is where it gets tricky. Yes, you can issue cheques to make payments but with the increase of popularity in internet banking, cheques are not so 'in' anymore. The 'in' thing to do now is to perform telegraphic transfers.

I TT you,
You TT me,
We all TT everybody,
With a tit tat tot and a TT from me to you,
Won't you please send a TT to me too.

I've lost both cheque books by now and misplaced my RHB ATM card.

I banked-in my pay into my RHB account recently because maybank ran out of fast cheque deposit envelopes and the scanner unit is out of service. I went to RHB just now to withdraw some money (without cheque nor ATM card) and was told that I cannot withdraw money from current accounts over the counter.

OK. How now, brown cow?

Tomorrow la update.


p/s: Correction people, it's IBG, not TT.. tapi tak best la bunyi bila tukar TT with IBG.. :(

No comments: