Monday 30 July 2007

The weBLOG

Dah teramat lama rasanya tak blog kat Friendster. Sempat juga tanya kawan-kawan yang kaki blog, diorang kata frenster punya blog ni tak best & berybu lemon site lain yang lagi best. Among the friends I spoke to, ada yang guna xanga, ada yang guna blogspot. I use blogspot mainly because I cannot find any other blog sites.. How sad is that, huh?

Blog nowadays has turned into something more than just a place to write your feelings/thoughts/ideas down, it has turned into some sort of a fan page. Friends who knows your blogsite would check your stories there frequently to keep themselves updated with your whereabouts and happenings. Some friends (people like me) visit other friends' blogs like once in a week/month and spend some time reading through their happenings and at the same time write in their thoughts and piece of mind.

Some friends I know use the blog to express emotions such as happiness and anger. I just read through a friend's blog yesterday where she lashed out at her friend who pissed her off and pointing out "I know you read this blog.." It's very neat, really, to be able to release that pent-up anger without actually doing the shouting and yelling but at the same time get the message across.

Blogs too have become like a shrine, a personal space, an online more-than-just-my-profile site. It's no longer sufficient to have a space where you can write all you want, blog sites now need to have the facility of 'decorating' that site as well as provide some sort of animation tools for the bloggers.

As for me, if there weren't any blogs on Friendster, I doubt that I'd even start blogging. I don't keep a journal at home nor do I have a diary. I used to have one, started while I was in Form 2 but after a few days, I find myself writing just the same. Worse then, I was afraid of writing freely, afraid that the diary would be 'stolen' and that someone else would read my thoughts.

Funny, I now enjoy people reading. I guess not having much to hide helps keep me writing freely PLUS I am more capable of separating the bloggable and unbloggable contents of my life. I also think that with time comes maturity and self confidence that allows me to be more comfortable with who I am.

I wonder what's after the weBLOG..

1 comment:

Noreen said...

Same here, if it wasnt for friendster, i wouldnt have blogged in the first place.