Saturday 28 July 2007

Back..

It's no fun to have a weekend and have nothing to do with it.

I had one yesterday and after thinking long and hard, decided to make a meal for myself on this boring slow weekend. So I did. I intended to go to Raha Mall's Lulu Express to buy chicken and onions (gee, my temp apartment doesn't even have onions! Good thing ada garam.. :P) and what nots but then changed my mind and thought of going to either the other side of New Shahama or to Old Shahama for groceries. Then I checked the packaging of this mixture and realised that all I needed was just 300g of chicken for 1 packet serving (good for 4 persons) and went to a grocery store nearby instead.

I knew that many companies sell chicken but I become overwhelmed by the choices and range of prices so I bought the biggest (heaviest) and most cost-effective (to my opinion) chicken available. It weighed 1.5kg and was priced at Dh11. Kalau yang dah siap potong + bungkus, 900g at Dh10. Kalau yang Saudi, 900g at Dh9. Ada jugak yang 1.2kg at Dh10. Good choice, no?

Balik rumah, tinggal ayam kat situ dulu sebab dia beku. I remember my mother telling me not to submerge the chicken in water to thaw it but I don't remember why. I did though, for a short time. Bukan sebab dia dah ready tapi sebab tak sabar nak potong.. I cut the chicken in 6, took out a pot and washed it, cut up some tomatoes and started the cooking process.

Since there were 6pcs of chicken weighing a total of 1.5kg, I thought of making two seperate dishes of curry and kurma. Lepas tengok betapa besarnya ayam tu, decided to store the remaining 4pcs and cook just 2. Opened up 2 packets of Brahim's Meat Kurma mixture and mixed it with water. Put the chicken and tomatoes it, left it at medium heat and went to my room to watch a movie.

Lucky me there's Brahim's :)

The dish tasted alright but it was rather thin so I let the stove run for a while more to thicken the sauce for dinner. Ate lunch at about 5pm with Arabic bread. Had dinner at about 9pm. I MUST remember to follow instructions then next time I cook. Instruction says 300ml of water and I put in 400. Tu yang jadi cair tu.

Oh, I did prepare a more complex fish curry dish a few days ago. We had this fish in the freezer and I thought of doing something with it so ransacked the larder and found fish curry powder. Put this in, put this out, stirred it around and yes! Fish Curry Ala-Azmil is done!

Masin dan masam sikit. Dia suruh letak garam + lemon and I substituted them with lemon salt instead. Guys, sesapa yang tak pernah masak guna lemon salt, lemon salt IS salty + lemony. Don't be over zealous when using it.

Azmil off..

No comments: