Sunday 29 July 2007

I feel the love..

I had a very long night last night.

As I got home, I started preparing the chicken for my curry Ala-Brahim's dish. I had dinner consisting of that curried chicken and arabic bread again. This time, I felt that the chicken wasn't fully cooked but I was not about to go cook it again so I finished the whole thing while watching erm.. I think it was Scrubs episodes 20 and 21, Season 6.

I depend a lot on these comedies to keep my mind occupied with nothing. I cannot imagine how life would be had I not have the portable hard drive and downloaded those movies. Apart from being dull, I might even get bored. Having a car doesn't help either because I'm pretty cautious about using it to move around primarily because I still do not have a UAE driving licence plus I've not received my salary for June. Nope, it's not the company this time, it's because the money is with my colleague and he's in Al-Ain doing some survey. He'll be back tomorrow and I REALLY hope he would as I'm down to my last Dh35. The good thing about getting my money late is that I have less time to spend it and have more to bring home.

Anyways, after Scrubs, I decided to watch 'How I Met Your Mother'. I've finished Season 1 during my first month in Shahama and I managed to download the second season while helping Ayah pack his stuff up. After 3 episodes, I felt like sleeping because the time was already 10 something and I had the intention to stop at Al-Raha this morning before going to AD.

I tossed and turned and tossed and turned and all I can focus on hearing was the ticking of my new mini alarm clock. It kept on going tick.. tock.. tick.. tock.. The best thing about this clock is its size and I think my body clock has synchronised itself with the time on that clock because I just manage to switch the alarm off every morning before it beeped.

But those are not the main story.

As I watched the sitcoms, I feel love emanating from the story. I suddenly fell in love. I wasn't sure what that love was about but I felt it.

It took me 30 odd years to realise that I'm actually missing my family. I'm not homesick, that's not it. I just felt that I've taken this long to finally have the realisation that I love my mother, I love my father, I love my sister too. With my brother, it's more of mess-with-him-and-you'll-feel-my-wrath love because I've never lived life without him.

If you were to ask me in my 20s, I'd say I do love my family but it wouldn't be said with conviction. I just didn't know then, what this fuss about loving your parents and sibling is all about. I do now.

I just wondered: If I were married in my 20s, I wouldn't have realised this familial love at all. I would've had my own family to share the love with and never would've realised the love I have for my parents. It would've really been a waste.

Alhamdulillah..

I've not been a good son and still am sometimes a very trying person to manage but I do try now, I do try to be better and appreciate their concerns.

Ever read a letter in English, written in Rumi? I wrote one yesterday. It was just a note but I find it interesting how words are so adaptable.

I finally did sleep after listening to M. Nasir's Bonda 2x.

No comments: