Monday 2 July 2007

Ada respon nampak..

Ada ya yang comment on the last blog. Seronok pakcik bila ada orang bagi feedback :) Makes me feel not really alone even though the nearest Malaysian is like miiiiiiiiiles away.

OK, I admit, that's not true. The nearest Malaysian is like 3 steps away. And there's like 4 of us Malaysians here.. I'm back in Dubai. Just arrived at about 8pm today. It was really a wonderful trip back and looking at how smooth things were, it's almost as if God is asking me to be here, to come home.

Lets see..

I decided to come back just today, at about 3, after concluding my half chicken lunch. Today's chicken was herbs and spices. There's also tandoori and grilled, broasted and fried. Don't ask, I can't differentiate between broasted and fried either.

I texted Asri, the OM and asked if it's alright if I take two or three days off. Before he came back from his holiday, I make decisions on my own because there's no one to consult/discuss with. When he's back, I need to let him know. Not only do we share the same accommodation, we work for the same company and we're pretty much responsible for the same project. Singular, still. If I can't make it to the hotel, he'll have to kinda stand in for me, just IN CASE there was any problem. He gave his okay and I started packing.

Called Farhad (it's spelt with a 'D', not a 'T') and told him I'm going back to Dubai. I briefed him of the scheduled works for the next 3 days (it's pretty much standard and charted) and told him to write the daily report in my absence. I also informed the Housekeeping Department and asked them to call Farhad for any problems. I told Asri that I'd see him at the main office before leaving and set off for Shahama to put together a travelling bag.

I waited for a taxi but lho and behold! The bus arrived. I've never taken a municipality bus in Abu Dhabi although I've taken the Dubai bus many times. The bus was comfortable and there were many locals in there as well. Got to Shahama and packed my jogging shoes, track pants and some essentials and made out to the roadside again. This time the wait was longer and a rude lady added to the agony. She kinda braked hard a few meters behind me (I was facing the traffic and she overshot me) and honked loud. Out of reflex, I walked to her when she lowered her window and asked if I knew where Rahba was. I told her I have no idea (I kinda know where it is generally but not specifically) and she left me without saying thank you or anything like that. I mean, ***ch! She could've backed her car to me instead of honking me over like cattle.. (I feel like saying MOO! now, haha!!) and she could've been more polite. I didn't want to ride with her anyway, takot kena frame woo!!

Heh.. possible? :O

I was in luck a few minutes later when a van was kind enough to stop by (also overshot me but he backed his van quickly to make me walk a shorter distance to him) and took me to the Dubai Taxi Stand. You remember that place I described in an earlier blog, about it being in Abu Dhabi?

So I had to call Asri and inform him that I was taken to the taxi stand and won't be going to the office. Luckily I followed my instincts of not passing the key to Asri by hand :) As I walked towards the buses, I realised that one was already about to leave so I hasten my steps and stopped him in the nick of time. Boarded the bus then found TWO seats empty! Just WONDERFUL, fit for my two bags and I.

Tried to sleep and pretended to sleep when the bus picked another 3 passengers (tak nak share kerusi, haha.. Don't worry, lots of others at the back). Arrived in Dubai at about maghrib then thought of taking a cab to Galleria. All cab drivers were busy dropping off passengers and heading to the masjid for maghrib so I thought of walking to my destination. It's really not that far once you're used to doing 5km walks daily.

After a few steps, I realised that there was a bus stop ahead and then, a bus stopped. I checked out the number then referred to the chart and decided that the Gold Souk bus stand was the nearest stop. Got off there and started walking. If I didn't take the bus, I would've saved Dh1.50 but have to take the winding steps that goes underneath the creek and appear next to the fish market but taking the bus got me next to the fish market.

Walked, called home to ask if anyone needs anything and stopped at Fun Time Pizza at the Galleria Mall and bought a large hawaiian pizza with onion rings AND a LARGE coke. Macam mengidam la..

Sampai je, bukak a few stories then showered. Then went to Prince Tailor to measure for my trousers. My mum bought some trousers material and left it at the tailor for my measurements.

So, that's about all there is for today.

Update re: work. Gave Farhad the authority to manage his guys completely and have been sitting down idle at the office for 2 days. He's managing quite well and it won't be long before we could safely leave him to lead the place. It was tiring but I have a feeling it'll soon be worth it.

Good night now! :)

2 comments:

Ash said...

Sure lah ada response. I always read your blog mah... :-P I found out from your shout out kat FS gak. Sounds like you're having loads of fun over there. ps: are you coming back in august?

Tuan Azmil Abdullah said...

I intend to but I'll have to find a better excuse to do that, hehe.. :)