Sunday 5 October 2008

The days after Eid

Salam everyone..

Assuming that I have a list of interested readers, I hereby announce that I'm back in KL.

Like it matters :P

I really don't know if it's something personal or if it's a nationwide 'bug' but this year's Eid, like the National Day, has little to be happy about. It could be the timing of this part of my life or the current crisis hitting the nation (like I know/care/bother enough to be worried) or simply because I'm just feeling 'not good' enough to deserve the candies but it just wasn't really Eid for me. Yes, I have three new pairs of baju melayu to wear (which I've officiated way back in July and August, heheh..) and three t-shirts courtesy of daddy and bro, on top of 4 pairs of socks and another three round-necked tees (3 for 45 from somewhere in The Curve, last minute browsing) but it was rather dull.

Despite all that 'dullness' that I felt, we managed to visit our relatives in N9 and Kelantan, with the exception of my uncle whom we thought was still in Cyprus, until he sent a text message inviting us to his house on the 6th - the day we're scheduled to arrive in KL! - which we had to decline. And the RM30 duit raya that generous uncle, aunty and granduncle+aunty decided to give ("You're the married one, right?" "No, I'm still single," "OK, this is for you") :D

I also felt more at ease this year because of the lack of 'drama' that usually accounts for most of my going-back-to-Kelantan worries/apprehension, and the fact that we're staying quite far away from Grandma's place made it a travel to enjoy, each time we go visiting. In total, we stayed in Kelantan for 3 days from Thursday to Saturday and we were in TUM at least twice daily. It was a very welcomed difference in our routine and I know for sure, the waterhouse helped a lot.

I don't think there's any family photo at the waterhouse despite having all of us there on Friday and Saturday morning. I don't know why. We didn't even have the casual canoe+boat morning around the house and through the river. The timing was just off and the tide receeded as early as 10am. We had a family gathering to attend on Saturday morning so there goes our only opportunity.

We did however have some nice shots in Pasir Pekan during the family gathering. Or at least I think we did because I'm officially the non-photographer :) It feels better not having a camera to hold, as that enabled me to just sit down and listen to boring speeches for a good 45 minutes. Yes, I surprise myself at being able to sit in the semi-hot room listening to 3 men giving speeches which are at most times repetetive. For 45 minutes. Oh, I did fidget a lot and removed my songkok to wipe the sweat off the brim and it helps having nephews and nieces to attend to, as that distracted my thoughts from how boring those 45 minutes were.

45 minutes.

Anyways, had duck for lunch which my brother, being the last one to dine, managed to clear all meat off it. Also had Chinese dinner at Four Seasons Restaurant in Sri Cemerlang (they have a branch in Lundang) dining on buttered prawns, egg soup, tom yam soup, some fish, meat, chicken and lots of some other stuff I don't remember. Also had sweet and sour fish for dinner on another day from the fish reared at the waterhouse. We took pictures at the waterhouse last year but I'm not sure if the picture's accessible to public. Try googling for my pictures in picasa.

As much as my schedule was bare, I guess it was something that I needed to have. Structured programs without me having to plan. I don't make plans whenever I travel with my parents because their plans are SO fluid. Plus the fact that there's only 1 car and 5 of us rendering me rather immobile. Probably consider going back in two cars or maybe renting one there, next time.

No duit raya for the children again this year. Still considering whether I have enough to give my nephews and nieces. There were looks of anticipation (not from my brother's children but from my cousins') but they were good enough not to ask. Phew.. :P

Tomorrow, life resumes. Must be some mail in the inbox that deems attention. Not to mention updating tourplan. I was car sick when I arrived. Feeling better now. Had drinks with some buddies just now.

Happy after-holidays people!

3 comments:

Rin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rin said...

Welcome Home!
Esok Kerja rajin2 kay .. :)

Anonymous said...

The conversation that took place about your marital status had me giggling like a school girl.
Thank God I wasn't the only one who felt miserable during Eid albeit my parents' absence.
I think it's just that we've all reached an age where we anticipate Ramadhan rather than Syawal now. Ah well