Friday 24 October 2008

And this is because I was tired of not blogging..

I thought the previous posting would garner some response seeing how universal the topic is but it didn't. A little disappointed but it's a blog and it's the world of writing. I can't just write and expect my writing to trigger reactions and comments all of a sudden. Anyway, from the cold response to the previous title, I've kinda lost interest (temporary, I guarantee you :)) to write and I'm now forcing my fingers to start keying word by word before I run out of time to actually write something.

Funny thing is that I've had quite a good time this week. Work has been the usuals, mostly slow but generally okay but time after work has been good. Caught up with two long time long lost friends, good friends too over dinner on.. What was that day again? I think it was Tuesday. Yes, probably Tuesday. These ants are slowly eating up my brain.. :P

We went to my current favourite place, the Bread & Olives at lookout point in Ulu Langat (I think there's only one place like that in KL, right?) for dinner. It was an ad-hoc plan that came about from a long exchange of Facebook comments on Zamzuri's status update. It was initially supposed to be somewhere around town but due to shortage of ideas on where to be, decided to go somewhere nice. Zam gave it a 10 for view although the food was quite a letdown with a 4. I have to agree with Zam's evaluation. Probably have someone talk to the cook about it. Or the owner. Or someone.

Look Out Point has made an improvement in traffic management. It used to be park-as-you-wish concept with not much care for vehicle arrangements and space issues but they've since initiated a parking fee per entry at RM2 and a jockey system for an additional RM3. Mind you, if you get there, don't ask for valet parking, ask for jockey parking. Yeah, the same but they didn't understand valet when I mentioned it.

It rained in KL that night and although we weren't expecting breathtaking views, it was a wonderful sight to behold. It was, considering we could see KL Tower and KLCC. There was no Genting this time, I guess it must be the thick fog since we had the fog entering our dining area as well.

A meal for four adults, with drinks at a little less than RM120. Reasonable, for that standard.

We're planning to 'attack' Zucca in PGRM next month for a taste of something Italian. I'm thinking of having a larger crowd this time seeing how excited other people were after learning of our 'escapade'. I'm just a sucker for food and company :)

See, nothing to write and already this much.

We're currently making preparations for our familiarisation tour of selected properties from Langkawi, Penang, Melaka, Pahang and Kuala Lumpur. OK, lets be fair. Melaka - A'Famosa and Pahang - Genting. It's not actually a tour of the states of Melaka and Pahang :P

This trip is a common one organised every other year by most tour agents to enable the 'sellers' to get-to-know the properties they're selling. As they say, seeing is believing and it's true, even in the current internet-accessible era. It'll be a 9-day programme beginning and ending when, I'm not sure, and participated by our team members from Australia, UAE and Malaysia.

(intermission)
Oh, I must just mention that this one 'artificial pizza' from Bread History was simply FABULOUS! I was lucky enough to be walking into their shop when they've just removed the pizza from the oven. Owh, the smell of burning tomato!
(end :D)

It's the first time I'm involving myself in the travel industry and although simple and trivial matters, it's just an eye opener to see what goes on behind those glass walls and customer service tables. We took some pictures after the Arab travel season in August of Ahmed, Idah and I. Lets see if I can find it in the computer.

Oh, I've also managed to 'screw up' my phone, the 525, while trying to install Adobe Reader for PPC. I did it with little problem on the 750 but when it came to the 525, the menu asked me to tick the program that I'd like to install. In the list, there were 40-50 preinstalled programs with 0KB file size and one unchecked box which was the Adobe Reader. Thinking that I need to uncheck everything and only check Adobe Reader, that's what I did. And it conveniently uninstalled all the programs that I didn't check. Being a guy who would usually just sit quietly and try to fix the problem, I sat focused on the issue at hand, attempting to revive it and breathe easy that it's all over. It wasn't as easy as that. The programs that were uninstalled remained that: Uninstalled. Then there's this nagging pop-up that kept on saying such-and-such a program cannot be found, everytime I turn the phone on. And although I can dial-in, the phone doesn't ring and I can't dial-out.

Shortcut solution: walk to the Asus Gold Service Center (they don't have silver, bronze, platinum or plastic, just gold) and told him of my predicament. The guy who serviced my phone before took the task and reset the phone as requested. All installations gone, phone back to normal. At least for now. I've also left my 750 at the center for a windows upgrade to WindowsMobile6.1. Yes, what a dumb move knowing how reliable Windows OS are but until I have a mobile phone working on an OS other than Windows and work in an office that uses softwares other than that from Microsoft, that's the OS that I will use.

I'll be going to The Brilliant in Low Yatt to get my phone reinstalled with some stuff.

Oh, also know that Google now has a phone and it runs on Linux or something. Don't remember the name of the phone but I think you should get a good search items found if you google for Google+phone. Maybe then, when the phone and its technology gets better, I'll use a new phone and get myself a laptop replacement.

Oh, just remembered that I've got to collect my PC from Shidi.

Wonder how long I'd write if I had LOTS of ideas :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI, your previous post didn't really trigger me personally because of one simple thing. Facebook and I aren't exactly pals.
Friendster, however, has all my past friends and it's pretty easy to keep track and all.
But I guess I can level with you in the 'makes me feel present' department.
All in all pretty awesome post for the previous one and this one as well :D

Anonymous said...

bila baca post ni rasa lapar la:) ...punya la detail cakap pasal makanan

Tuan Azmil Abdullah said...

Abang/kakak/adik Anonymous,

Agak best jugak kalau tulis nama. Bukan apa, kalau tak kenal boleh la berkenalan :D

Jangan marah ya? ;)

Anonymous said...

Betul jugak tu..:) ..boleh la berkenalan kan?By the way,Bread & Olives tu buat pizza je ke?tak de cheese cake ke? Tak pernah dengar tempat tu sebenarnya...kurang prihatin :)

Anonymous said...

alwiz clouldy sky je KL horizons seeing from that puncak... parking alwiz full... ;(