Monday 10 November 2008

A shortie..

I've not had people asking me to write for quite some time now. What it is I wonder that encourages others to visit my blog? It's pretty much.. factual writings of someone with time in his hands and lives in the open.

Dan seronok jugak kena puji tadi.. ah, it's a human flaw that I have, liking praises. If you consider someone calling you modest a praise that is.. hehe.. simple joy for simple minded people. Person la, if it's just me you consider.

I'm not sure if it's cloud nine I'm on right now because the clock shows 0026 and I'm at the office. We're embarking on a road trip for the next 12 days or so, visiting properties that we'll be selling to interested buyers in the middle east. It's commonly called FAM - Familiarisation - Trip but the big boss would like it to be known more as Exp - Expertisation - Trip, thus with no power vested in me, I dub it the X-Trip.

It's something new I learnt in the travel industry. The industry functions by getting to know their target markets and the target destinations. Logic, isn't it, that if you wish to sell a certain something, you've got to know it better than others, unlike most shopkeepers in Dubai (I can say because I've been there although I don't know about other places) who just sells and when asked, they'd go searching for information around the package the product comes in, as if we haven't already read it and not found the information we asked about.

Back to the clouds, I've not been high for quite some time. I did comment in FB sometime back about being high but this is a new high that I'm feeling. Akin to a child getting his wish on his birthday, I'm ecstatic like that.

It could be those Slurpees that I've drank for the past 2 weeks but I'm sure it's more than just sugar high.

Ah. It's work again tomorrow. We'll be leaving office at about noon to receive our buddies from the Middle East before heading for lunch and then towards Pan Pac KLIA for our tour. In all, we've got in excess of 50 properties to visit in 5 states. The East Coast isn't featured for now, hopefully there'll be some in the near future.

I'll probably write from time to time, if there's internet connection where I'm going. If not, behave, don't be naughty in my absence! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naughty in your absence...funny!