Wednesday 26 November 2008

An elaborated summary..

There's nothing like the satisfaction of completing outstanding work in outstanding time with outstanding quality.

Well, two out of three is still alright.

I've been wanting to clear all the calculative mess since I returned but I just can't seem to do that due to distractions from phone calls, people talking and the constant need to go and relieve myself. I actually drank the can of Livita that I bought a week ago at about 12am just now. While opening the can, I thought, "..why drink this when you'll be going back in 30 minutes,"

But I can only plan. Things got so exciting that I decided to not just clear up cheque-based payments but also record petty cash expenses as well. The good thing about doing it at an ungodly hour (I wonder why they say that because all hours are God'ly', no?) is that there's minimal disturbance and the brain can think out loud, as loud as it wishes to. And also for the occasional phrases of songs from the Karaoke lounge downstairs. Plus the a/c is switched off at 10 so it's not really that cold that I can't move my fingers.

Also managed to contact DiGi today to get the issue of transferring two mobile numbers into our company's DiGi Bizline (but had to repeat the process again since the 'owner' of my sister's line is my brother and not my sister..) then had some issues with the guy at Asus' RC.

Oh, I almost forgot about that issue.

You see, I was happy with my first purchase of Asus that I decided to buy another Asus phone. I brought the phones on the FAM trip and while in Langkawi, the older one decided to call it quits and refused to start. The younger one began to have slight problems with the standby sliding switch but it wasn't major. Sent the phone to Asus RC and collected it today (because Jason didn't call yesterday eventhough he did say he would) to my dismay because the touch-screen is now working intermittently.

Yeah, intermittent my foot, behind and anywhere else vulgar-ey. The phone again decided to go on a semi-permanent sleep today and it's like that since 4pm. I was just too tired to go back to RC but apart from being tired, I just don't think I can swallow another lame excuse from him.

Yesterday, it was, "Oh, it's your battery. Your battery is a little 'swollen', unlike mine so I guess your battery is faulty,"

After changing battery, it worked for a short while then conked again. "Let me check and hard reset and bla.. bla.. bla.. and flash the ROM and bla.. bla.. bla.. Should be ready in 1 or 2 hours."

Came back today and tried to negotiate returning the battery after he said that the problem is with the screen. The touch screen seems to have some issues to it although there weren't any exposed wires nor broken pins that he can see. The screen costs RM450 after the RM80 for the battery.

*breathe Azmil breathe.. you also have minors amongst your readership..*

:P

I decided not to change the screen because I just can't help but feel cheated by the battery issue. Mali was with me then and he blasted Jason even before I did.

"Aku dah berbulu dengan mamat tu sebelum kau lagi. Ada ke patut dia kata I don't know how to explain to you? You're an engineer, he's a technical guy, cakap je la.."

Sometimes he makes me feel so.. valuable.

Sometimes :)

Anyway, I intend to go to RC again tomorrow and demand a proper explanation as to why my phone hung again even after installing a new battery. If there's no proper explanation, then I best get them to refund me for a false remedy.

Also went to Kenanga today to sell off my Landmarks share, the solitary lot that I purchased to benefit from Landmark's discount for shareholders. Bought it at 44sen and it's now selling at 88sen. I wanted to buy 3 back then because I had the funds but the remisier advised against it since the company was going through some restructuring. Rezeki, siapakan tahu.

Will go to Avenue Unit Trust Management tomorrow to sell my ASNITA. Have some plans brewing. The ASNITA isn't doing as well as Landmarks but it has recovered its value from the slump 4 years ago. I'm only getting what I invested and although it's a loss in terms of time value for money, it doesn't really feel that way to me. I wouldn't have that much money now if I hadn't placed it in somewhere difficult to reach.

Yes. That's the story for today. I'll see you again tomorrow.. :)

No comments: