Monday 24 November 2008

Potpourri story with some chudney..

First official day back at the desk since boss declared last Saturday to be an official break (which was much appreciated but would rather have a full-day break on Monday). LOTS, loads and loads of paper to be sorted with payments to be prepared and filings to be done not to mention requests and whatnots but I just don't know where to begin.

I've not even started on compiling the expenses incurred for the trip much less calculate the IOUs I'll have to forward to the company. And the amount I'll have to reimburse the company too, not to forget that.

Abdul sprained his ankle playing squash yesterday and so had to go to the hospital for a checkup. Consultation fee was RM145 and medication (1 set of painkillers - 10 tabs - and 1 tube of ointment) came to about RM50. I'd rather not be sick if that's the figure I'll have to face for ONE visit to the hospital. It's sick just to see the bill.

I'm still spent. Tried to linger in bed on Saturday but couldn't. Tried again today and still couldn't. I guess it's better to ride on this morning wave for as long as I can so I won't have anymore late attendances.. It's synonymous really, red marks and Azmil. I have a can of Livita on my desk (it's got this halal logo so I'm convinced) from the A'Famosa - KL return leg. Also drank 100+ just now, after a bottle of Lipton's ice lemon tea. I drink a lot from the bottle nowadays due to the huge and lazy bum I have and that I don't really like walking in crowds.

I'm thinking of writing what we did day-to-day from KL to Langkawi to Penang to KL again then to Melaka and back to KL then to Pahang then KL before going to Tioman and finally returning to KL BUT as usual, the lazy bum rules the day and my fingers need some warming up to do before embarking on a mission possible.

Oh, HBO's having an MI trilogy run at the moment and will be showing Pirates of The Carribbean trilogy in December.

My phone's both dead. The 750 has some button problem which causes it to occasionally become active although I've locked and put it on standby. With that problem, I can accidentally dial someone without me realising. Imagine what that would do?! Hahaha..

My 525 just didn't want to work. It stopped functioning and had this last-known-action freeze and just wouldn't budge even after a hard reset. And it happened in Langkawi. I was dearly frustrated because that was the beginning of our journey and the road ahead was still a long way. I didn't even have the time to stop at Asus' Royal Club to send it for repairs while we stayed at Berjaya Times Square due to the hectic schedule.

Both phones are now in Times Square the workshop. Boo on Asus for not having any loan units. I've currently connected to the Yellow Coverage Fellow using the company's Nokia. Just happy that it's on full charge. Must also remember to borrow the handsfree until I get my phone(s) back. 750 takes about a week to return because the button is connected to the motherboard and so they'll have to change the motherboard. The 525 was said to be done today and that they would call me once it's done but I guess not. I'll have to check it tomorrow.

Might actually seriously look at Sony. Or return to Nokia. Or try out Samsung although Samsung doesn't have alphanumeric keypads on their PDA. One thing for sure, I'm not about to get myself involved in the iPhone hype although the toy that Samer brought looked very tempting. I'm also itching to try the E71.

Might consider a full-screen PDA with GPS and a basic phone with alphanumeric keys combo. Lets see..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in times like these, ask urself "what would brad pitt get?"







(answer: blackberry)

Anonymous said...

wow....
very hi-tech lor this post...
All the 525s and Nokias and PDAs...
Getting dizzy just be COMMENTING on it