Wednesday 19 December 2007

Esok hari raya!

Esok Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Untuk warga di London dan sebahagian dunia yang lain, hari ni dah masuk Aidil Adha. Somehow, there's no celebratory spirit for this Eid. It's not just at our house but I suppose throughout the country. Then again, it's justified, seeing how many parts of the country is submerged with water being more prominent and as if natural 'disaster' is not enough, there's the ongoing restlessness amongst certain parties (not of the political kind) seeking one justice after another. With all that happening, how can one be celebrating?

Our family doesn't have a standard to-do list for Aidil Adha but we have a template for Aidil Fitri. For me, once the prayers are over, I'd go back home for my breakfast/brunch then change then return to the masjid for the korban. I had my first experience last year when Mali invited me. As I got to the masjid then, I just froze, not knowing where to begin, how to start and what to do. By 1pm, I was perspiring, smelling of slaughtered meat, holding a plastic bag full of daging korban and feeling fulfilled. One more experience experienced. Tomorrow, I intend to do the same. Texted Mali earlier tonight and made arrangements for him to fetch me on his was to the masjid.

A herd of 13 cows is a sight to behold.

No comments: