Thursday 16 April 2009

Another good day, maybe

Dear All,

It has been quite a busy weekend, weekday and many weeks for me and now, I can write again.

Life's been offering me a lot of distractions from the tiny unimportant things, allowing me to focus on what's to be done here and now. It's a fun road to traverse and I'm glad I'm here.

There are still papers on the table to be filed, those in the tray to be sorted and files to be relocated back to the filing cabinet. There's still work to be done, errors to be corrected and clients to be served. There will - until forever - be things that we can do no matter how 'thingless to do' we feel we are, for life should not end when a task is completed. It's a good thing, this thing called 'job'. It gives us a sense of what-to-do-next as compared to sitting around in the house wondering..

I however would love to one day adapt the life living in the mountains or by the sea, able to spend time with the family doing what matters most instead of hurrying in and out of the office thinking about the next client to arrive, the next payment to make and probably the next job to jump to.

I would've been a very rich man if money matters less and life more.

I'd love to work my hands on wooden planks or tree stumps or doing plumbing or even harvesting fruits, planting chillies, growing trees, flowers, feeding chicken, fishing. If money matters less and life more, I would've travelled the world with a small wagon and a trusty partner exploring the mountains, experiencing the heat. I would go hiking (now then, those Merrel shoes would do me good :)), mountain climbing, swimming and even pearl diving. I will have amassed millions and millions of stories along the way experiencing natives' lives, avoiding hungry polars or honey bears, surviving off the wild plants.

I would've been a multi millionaire of experience, if money matters less and life more.

On the other hand who's stopping me from doing all that, now?

Still, I am thankful for being alive. I have the opportunity to love and be loved, to care and be cared for, to talk, write, eat, drink, smile and to complain about the heat, although it really isn't a complain.

I just feel nice :)

2 comments:

abe said...

a sense of frustration...;(
kdg2 apa yg kita nak ada lah bukan apa yg kita dapat...

kdg2 plak, apa yg kita nak tu adalah bukan apa yg kita dapat...

"...sometimes, it's written.."
(slumdog millionaire)

rj.zyra said...

you know,
somewhere between those lines,
i felt like i was reading the writings of an 'age-ing' man.. :P

haha!

but on the brighter side, who wouldnt want to have that kind of life :) id do anything for all those.

p/s: kasut merrel dah nak berhabuk dah dalam kotak ni. bila lagi nak ambil ye :P

this time its baties