Tuesday 5 August 2008

I know..

I know I have to go home now. It's already late and the clock will strike very soon. But just as I was about to click start>shut down, I decided to blog.

What the..??

So here I am. Came back from Singapore safe and sound, alhamdulillah, under the lead of Safwan Fadzli and the napping-and-occasional-glimpsing me. It was two long days filled with sleep, chat and walks through the streets of Singapore. We were fortunate to have experienced the dry run for the upcoming Singapore National Day with parade from participating groups in full regalia. The setback was, it was in Singapore and as far as Singaporeans are concerned, there's no short cut to anything.

Including the path to the Merlion. So yes, it was my 'fault' to have made the wish to snap pictures at that lion-maid statue in down-town Singapore but for the last 10 times I went there, I didn't even manage to steal a look at that statue, apart from pictures in the tv and post cards. So the Merlion was a target more so since we're travelling with only guys. No! No! I'm not saying that all girls are fussy, I'm merely saying that if I were to travel with a lady companion, I'd be fussy about her well-being..

*cover line.. :P*

Believe you me, it REALLY took us a whole 7 hours to arrive at that lion-maid (after lots and lots of stops along the way for pictures, sight-seeing and poses) that includes being lost in the car just 1km away from the statue and the search for *free* parking space (ada, really, in Singapore!!), not to mention the waiting time to 'rediscover' Pue, and seeing the fly-by by helicopters, fighter jets and the xx gun salute by the river (xx <-- not sure how many shots there were..) We walked most of the way, or rather, almost ALL the way, hahaha..

And I cannot believe that all I had were almost blistered feet. I was expecting aching soles, tired thighs and calf but alhamdulillah those did not happen.

But I do have that feeling that I might get a cramp anytime soon.. YOu'll understand if you've felt that before. So remedy: decramping exercises..

I'm talking nonsense now. It's evident from the made-up choice of words.

Will return when I've stabilised. Pr0bably tomorrow.. P-R-O-B-A-B-L-Y :)

I wore brown BATA slip-on sandals without socks (probably the best decision for that weekend). Bata works!

Pictures, here.

No comments: