Thursday 12 March 2009

BOLEH! YAH!!

The hype from my batchmates of facing the Mount Kinabalu challenge is just too strong and I've succumbed to tempation. "If not now, when else?" I thought.

So yes, I'll be facing Mount Kinabalu and its elements in May. Me and at least 9 others. This challenge was first mooted by a batch mate somewhere in December as one of the 20-years-knowing-you activity which kicked off in January with a tahlil at the OPA Building. I got onto the bandwagon by chance when my offer to procure tickets for the group was mistaken as an indication of participation.

We've had a meet, paid our deposits and a few of us made our ticket purchases (some paid almost RM450 on MH, some paid RM175 on AA). There's also talk by the golf kakis to play a round of golf prior to departing to the resthouse at the foot of the mountain the night before the climb. Not being a golf kaki, I'm not sure what I'll do while waiting.

Seronok wo.. And to gently increase my stamina, I've been doing bedroom exercises (not the kind you might think of :P) for the past month or so and have so far gone up from 100 skips per morning to 150 skips. I'm working towards a set of 200 x 5 skips per morning at my peak. It's really nothing much but for someone who hates running and doesn't have an olympic sized swimming pool in his backyard, skipping is the other best alternative.

Yes people, I'm THAT psyched to face the mountain tapi bila fikirkan, darah ni jadi berderau, the same feeling I get when I was in my teens and awaiting punishment from my father for doing wrong.

Still, kalau Malaysia Boleh!, saya juga pasti boleh, bukan?

Laungkan, "AZMIL BOLEH!!"

2 comments:

rj.zyra said...

WAH. NAK IKUT!

its grimodi. ??

Noreen said...

Good luck, I did it in 2005. n yes, you must trained, dont be like me who didnt train and when I got back, I had to lie in bed for 3 days, sakit kaki! enjoy yourselves and take lots of pics
:-D