Wednesday 5 August 2009

One step nearer

He made my day lighter.

On the drive home, just 8 minutes away from destination, He revealed to me that life is about the destination. It's about moving to a destination hereafter. In similar form of the unexplained future, He made me see that death is part of this unexpected future. No certainty comes from living, neither would there be from dying. No one is surely living tomorrow, neither shall we be able to say how we would live, hereafter.

It is how best we prepare ourselves now, to assist in destination hereafter.

For those who have been following my writings for the past few months would notice that I've written quite a lot on the fear of dying, the fear of being alone, the fear of the unexpected. Those are genuine, I tell you and I cannot begin to describe how I felt when I felt them. I have always been fearful of lonliness as, the Malay saying goes, "Kubur asing-asing," which means to each their own graves.

And in my travel today, it finally clicked: my future with destination Jeddah is as uncertain as after-death itself and the only way I can make the best out of it is to make the best with my preparation.

And I move one step nearer.

4 comments:

Noreen said...

destination Jeddah? Are you moving there?

abe said...

bagus lah hang nak move on to jeddah azmil... dok m'sia pun asyik mengeluh je hang tuh... hehehehe

kot2 lepaih pekena minyak dhab .. shisha.. kurma hari2.. makan kebab ke.. tarjine ke.. hopefully hang bleh jd ceria lah..x dak lah selalu mengeluh je cam dlm blog hang nih... rasa nak mati lah..letih lah.. itu lah ini lah..

Tuan Azmil Abdullah said...

tajam siol.. tembus perisai limablas inci aku..

abe said...

mana tajam pun mil... biasa2 tuh saling ingat-mengingatkan je...

demo blum dpt yg tajam lg tuh...