Tuesday 12 May 2009

Achoo!

Hahaha.. dah kena tegur dah, blog tak berjaga, terbiar dan bersemak samun serta habuk. Ada je niat dan gerak hati yang kata nak kena updatekan tapi niat tu tinggal niat je la. Until today. It's not really a fruitful day that calls for a celebration but it was a day that was and made me want to write.

I've been wanting to write about music, its lyrics and what music filtration/censorship is to me. I had a feedback/comment recently about the songs that I liked listening to because it is said to be so unmanly. Oh, that posting is here.

Yeah, Shontelle? It's funny, I know, that a guy listens to a get-well-picker-upper-chick-song as compared to the more manly type songs but hey, I now look forward to the time the radio DJs play Taylor Swift's Love Story. Yes, it drives my head up high in stories of fairy tale endings, imagining how things would turn out for 'Romeo' and 'Juliet' and sing in my croaky voice, drumming on air/lap/steering wheel and smiling.

I'd rather do silly than do dangerous.

Dangerous would be this. It seems very fluid and mostly righteous with lots of useful messages singing out loud preaching for peace and harmony and to end rampant killings. It's all good. Except that they chose to have the line, which is just not right. I was watching TV some years back and on it was one of those AF concerts. As they sang this song, they put their hands together and palms facing up "Father, father, father help us, send some guidance from above," That too, choreographed by a Muslim instructor.

Artistic expression does not precede religion, in whatever sense.

So yes, while I may not love all sappy love songs, I'd rather listen to them than to songs that contains elements of khurafat, idol worshipping and what nots else. And I recommend that you listen to the lyrics carefully each time you hear a song played.

3 comments:

rj.zyra said...

you're BACK :)
i agree with you one the last part there,
sappy love songs ey?
Romeo and Juliet ey?
Love story ey?

Hm...I smell something cooking..hmm..

WELCOME BACK! bilakah akan ke kinablu?

Sarah Aiysha said...

Found you! =p
x

abe said...

layan lagu ABBA pun syok gak TA..

Soalan Menduga??? ;)