Thursday 5 June 2008

I really really really wanna..

I so want to be positive about this new change. I really do. I want to believe that everything will be alright and that I'll manage it just as I have times before that I won't be affected much if I start living a plan and this is only a temporary pinch.

But who am I kidding? This is me, a pro-sulker and depress-o-matic and the 78sen fuel price hike is no good news, not for me nor for anyone in this country, less of course those idiots who will now have more money to swindle.

May you rot in hell and be restless in your grave. And may that be soon.

Ever since I heard the news, I cannot but be so frustrated that it had to happen this way. Although it's true that the international price of crude oil has risen to over 130USD per barrel, we are, for goodness sakes, a net exporter of petroleum. Which other net exporter of petroleum charges an arm, a leg and a nose hole for petrol? I just saw that Nigerians pay close to RM0.31/L and Qatar somewhere around RM0.68/L. OK la, lets look at the favourite spot, Dubai. UAE's petrol price is RM1.19, the 'highest' of all net exporters of oil.

But we Malaysians, we pay RM2.70. It's true that petrol is higher in Thailand and Singapore but how much oil do they have?

I've also come across at least 4 postings today from a webgroup making calculations on what it costs now to travel the same distance, even with that supposed RM625 rebate the government promised. The lowest I saw was 16% increase which prompted me to make my own calculations:

Say I fill a tank full (from just a bit above empty) at RM 65. That's the normal amount I had to pay with petrol price RM1.92. That gives me 33.8542L. My car has a 40L tank I think, and so I wud probably have another 7L as a safety buffer. With 33.8542L, I can drive to work for a week, with one night playing futsal in Segambut and without any other travels to any other place except home-work-home. In a month, I would need to refuel 4.3 times or equivalent to 145.5729L or RM279.5.

With the new price, my monthly expenditure comes to RM393.05, an increase of RM113.55. Tolak dengan (supposedly) rebate of RM625/12 = 52.08, ada la kenaikan RM64.17. Kalau ambik percentage, jadila 22.19%.

लम्बत लगी ला कोट अकू कविं कलौ गिनी.. समाना अकू नाक सुप्पोर्ट फमिली कलौ नाक सुप्पोर्ट दिरी सेंदिरी पुन तक मम्पू लगी? इन अ वे, इ वौल्ड रठेर रेमें सिंगल अस लॉन्ग अस इ दोन'टी कुस अन्योने एल्स टू सुफ्फेर अलोंग विथ मी. इफ शे'स नोट माय रेस्पोंसिबिलिटी, इ'म नोट अच्कोउन्ताब्ले टू हेर वेल्ल्बेंग. फोरगेट अबाउट हविंग निघत ऑउट्स, तकिंग लॉन्ग द्रिवेस और एवें फॉर अ माल इन अ फार आवे प्लेस.

I thought of driving to Melaka while on my way to work today. Why Melaka? Because it's far away enough but not too far. I can kind of make my way around that city but not around Teluk Intan or Ipoh. But yeah, harga minyak mahal sangat, takkan nak buat kerja tak masuk akal macam tu. So here I am, at the office, blogging my pain away..

Doesn't seem to work much.

On the brighter side, I've completed two tasks that were pending and that is reason enough to relax a bit.

Anyone have a run-to escape spot to share with me?

1 comment:

Ash said...

Aw... jgnlah tension2. Pi naik bas gi Genting. :-P