Friday 12 September 2008

You want it? Come get it :)

Okay, so I strayed a little. It's not like the world will cease to spin without my meddling into its activities. Yeah, it would probably cause some to wonder but I doubt it's directed towards me rather to the outcome that I was supposed to give.

Like, "Where's the toast?" Not "What happened to the guy who always prepares the toast?"

I'm rambling. And the above is purely drama.. :)

I still am recovering from a back ache that I got grilling some flightless birds on day 1 of Ramadhan although it's very mild now as compared to last week. And I had to go to work on day 3, inching my way through staring eyes and curious minds. Not to mention the extended standing hours on the 5th to the 7th, smiling and wasting colourful paper, which (I guess) extended the duration for complete cure of the ache.

It used to be an annual event starting in 2001 and since last year has made its way up to twice a year. Progress? No. The opposite of progress. (side note: tried to find the opposite but found regress, which does not suit the situation but if you do find the opposite, comment please. Searched for egress and not found in Cambridge online dictionary) I've only got myself to blame and my sleeping habits. Oh, not habit but location. Since the fan's over there, I decided to sleep on the couch rather than on the bed as I used to wake up *drama* dripping with sweat even with the fan at 3. Oh, I don't believe in turning it to 5 because I think it's pointless.

The sofa gave me a bad sleeping posture and multiply that with about 7 weeks of sleep, out comes the strained muscles and stiff back. Yeah. Learning from that lesson, I've migrated to my bed, which is just inches away (with no fan above my head) and acclimatised to the change (I now use a blanket!).

MATTA Fair 08 was quite alright. I've never been to one before because I don't just feel like being amongst bargain hungry people. Met many friends I've known along the way. The prominent people I met were Syaza, Aunty (?) Mesra and children (prominent because I made 1 sale to them :D). There were also seniors from school as well as basketball buddies. Also made 1 Hi! Bye! friend with a promoter of a health outlet at The Golden Horses (hotel). I have a strange feeling that I'll be going to MATTA Fair 09 as well.

Came to office after the long absence seeing lots and lots of papers on my desk consisting of cheques to disburse, PVs and petty cash records to enter and receipts to pay. Felt overwhelmed and played the notty-employee for a couple of days before finally completing the task yesterday.

Terasa terurus sikit after that.

Have some documents to prepare for an application (not job :P) and some updates to do for some package enquiries.

Otherwise, life's smooth sailing :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it possible? There are no others words that can be the opposit of progress except regress. Unless, if you're being smart and think that since con is the opposite of pro....then CONgress is the opposite of PROgress...just a little joke to get you through the day.

Tuan Azmil Abdullah said...

progress is to move from one state to a better state.

But in this case, going from sick once a year to being sick twice a year, that's not progress. But to say it's regress, it's not right either because.. regress,

regress
verb [I] FORMAL
to return to a previous and less advanced or worse state, condition or way of behaving.

If I was not sick before and I get sick now, it's not progress, is it? But it cannot be regress either since in my previous state, I was not sick.

How now brown cow?

Anonymous said...

Don't tell me you just called me a brown cow!!

:p

Anyway...don't call it anything then...
Just call it a...minor LIFE setback. :D

Tuan Azmil Abdullah said...

It's a saying..

"How now brown cow" is a phrase used in elocution teaching to demonstrate rounded vowel sounds.

- wikipedia ;)

Anonymous said...

.............
I was kind of kidding...
heh
I knew it was just a saying.

Wow I just read your recent post and boy are you angry....
I hope this generalization gets to people who deserve it...

Funny that my blog doesn't receive scathing comments like that...

Tuan Azmil Abdullah said...

Believe me, it's better that way. I've seen comments from others that I wouldn't even have the thought of posting.