Thursday 23 August 2007

Special Issue - Newsweek April 2, 2007

Any day I'm here could be the day I die



That caption is written on the front page of the blog's title. It's very depressing but true for the men walking in the streets of Baghdad, Iraq and neighbouring countries at war with one foreign nation.

Truer than that would be to capt "Any day I LIVE here could be the day I die"

Some die literally, some face death in faith, some die silently inside while some others put to death part of their lives to conquer a greater reason for living. I have too put to death part of me to live what I forsee as a greater life. Looking back, my anger has died a silent, gradual death (although I do defibrillate it on occasions). I too have put to death certain desires for want of a stable, healthy living.

It is inevitable that as we grow older, we lose the child we bore from young and grow into the society the way we're expected to. Those who live themselves outside the acceptable norm would either be frowned upon or just be seen weird. It is considered maturity.


And so, maturity and growth is defined by the death of some other parts of us

No comments: