Wednesday 28 January 2009

On the second day of CNY..

I went for a stream-side picnic today. Mind you, it wasn't rosy as you think it'd be. It took us 45 minutes hiking (in slippers and across a jungle-y landscape) to and back and I had (as expected) a tummy issue just as we were about to leave the picnic site.

The thing is, this site is not so far away from the main road because on a quiet day, we can hear cars passing-by although by a stream, not many of those quiet days can be chanced upon. It was nice still because the place wasn't out of reach and that we had bbq for lunch which was almost unlimited in quantity and that the place looked untouched since we last went there, which could've been CNY last year. The rocks were slippery but there were signs of newly felled bamboo trees unearthed by rain.

The water was as cold as it was before but that didn't deter me from entering. I would usually be the last to enter water be it a stream or the sea but I was the first to complete 'initiation' by being fully submerged. The combination of sun and water, warm and chilling cold was very welcoming but the good times had to end rather prematurely due to spots of dark clouds and because I had a function to attend to tonight.

Fast forward to tonight's function, I met Inteam. Don't know if any of you know them but Inteam has some albums out - they're recording artistes - made up of graduates from Malaysian universities.

The 'opportunistic' me just cannot sit still, so I took Amin's number for future potential travel arrangements.

The night ends with whiffs of 'burnt' cookies, or more aptly named burnt baked brownies (or at least they smell burnt!) from downstairs.

Good night!

No comments: