Wednesday 30 July 2008

The list..

Okay, so I finished work today at 7:49pm and have lots of time before going back. The past days were rather okay but at the point of returning home, there were still things left pending that required attention. Not today. Well, except for that payment to that hotel for that guest. Lets hope they give me free parking :P

I've been wanting to write about my gastronomic experience for the past 2 weeks month but like I said, things just kept up, eating away my private blogging time that stopped me from blogging, REAL blogging (like this one? :P) since early July.

Oh, I'm 32 now! :D

For the month of July, I've had the opportunity to dine at these places:

1. Bread and Olives at Lookout Point, Hulu Langat
It's an Arabic eatery/restaurant strategically located at the lookout point atop Bukit Langat (or what official name they have for that hill). This is a new discovery for me although I've been to the lookout point before. The food was good and the price was deserving for an Arabic meal. The view however was breath taking but it's only pretty at night, when no camera can do justice since all pictures will turn out dark-ish.

2. The Atrium Cafe, Sunway Resort Hotel (Pyramid Tower), Bandar Sunway
Had my 'breakfast' and lunch here twice when attending to guests, courtesy of The Management of Sunway Resort Hotel. The meal was quite alright but I adore the lamb so very much. Juicy succulent lamb can make me drool no matter the situation or surrounding. It wasn't really a breakfast, thus the inverted commas, since it was just some pastries and a cuppa tea. Which I didn't really eat because we had some other business to attend to. Also had sushi (although a very bad combination considering the other spread they have) and lots of ice creams. Oh, the tummy didn't agree with my choice of food :P Only Danish pastries were for breakfast and all others mentioned were from lunch. TWICE :D

3. The *something*something*, Hotel Istana, Bukit Bintang
This was a dinner that wasn't meant to happen. We went to the hotel to confirm some stuff and initiate contact with the people there (they visited us a few days before that) which ended up with us having dinner. Blame it on the reception for taking tooooooooooo long to process our request and before you know it, it was already a decent time for dinner! I wanted to eat well but felt self-conscious primarily because I wasn't prepared to be there and also because I was expecting to have dinner at home. The spread also included sushi as well as lobsters, salmon, Malay dishes, and some other mix I cannot remember. I didn't really indulge in the varieties on offer because we were accompanied by a few hotel staff so malu la nak buat muka tak malu.. haha..

4. Strawberry *something*, Taipan, USJ
Chanced upon this place while browsing Taipan and ate fish and chips. And realised that I've been to another outlet with the same name before but in PJ, near MBPJ. The dish was alright and the ambience just nice although the price of drinks were.. surprising.

5. Zucca Pizzeria+Cafe
Courtesy of Mama for the July-borned babies in the family. We had a good mix of almost everything on the menu and also multiple doses of fried calamari, garlic bread and garlic bread with cheese. Also had spaghetti with meatballs, lasagna, pizza, lamb shank, and and and and.. hahaha.. I'd be a fool not to be full! ;)

6. Uncle Lim's, Berjaya Times Square, Bukit Bintang (or is it Pudu?)
This used to be our 'station' whenever my father and I go out for lunch. I think it got too much into our pockets as we now bring sandwiches from home, hehe.. Well, actually, my pocket was already shallow to begin with so the pain was more in my father's. Uncle Lim's serves killer bubur nasi, chicken chop, laksa asam and mi cendawan. PERGH! Must try, if you haven't.

7. Bread Talk, Berjaya Times Square, Bukit Bintang/Pudu
This was courtesy of Abdul, for Ahmad and I. Ahmad's birthday is *surprise!* on the 24th! It's a small world afterall.. We had green tea cake, very mildly sweet so much so that Abdul took a second helping (never seen him do that before!)

8. Living Room, The Westin Kuala Lumpur, Bukit Bintang
Ate here twice on the same day. Twice = The Westin, not Living Room. One was with a courtesy ala-carte coupon (limited at RM40, imagine, berkira gile! Macam tak ikhlas je nak bagi courtesy coupons). I was rather irked at the limit that they gave on the coupon. Nak bagi biar la bagi betul. To make it even sillier, they didn't even have anything worth lunching with that costs less than RM40, on the menu. Went to the table, they didn't have dining utensils, no side plates. Asked the server if we can take buffet and top up the difference (buffet was RM72++) which she responded positively. Then after we took our buffet, she said cannot. Kalau tak pasal my parents and my brother, I would've snapped. Then we proceeded to have lunch and she didn't even have the decency to lay our table. We had to pinch the side plates, forks, knives, spoons and the side plates from neighbouring tables. AND THEY CALL IT A 5* HOTEL. Can take all those stars and *()@($!)@(* In return, we ate our hearts out with MORE lamb, less rice and all the lauks we can feast our eyes on. And two helpings of ice cream. Well, they don't lose anything from our meal but we ate more than RM72++, if we ordered ala-carte. Also had dinner at the hotel, during a friend's wedding.

9. Aunty Mas' house, Taman Zaaba, TTDI
I mean, this is the one place you can find a Taman inside a Taman.. For the same wedding mentioned above, this was a prelude. Had more kambing here but unfortunately was interrupted by some duties before having the chance to enjoy the kuey teow goreng. Food was wonderful!

10. Chee Hor Chicken Rice Shop, Jalan Bukit Bintang, Bukit Bintang
Try and you'll understand.

Alhamdulillah, despite the current financial constraint, He has shown me the path of good food. Sometimes I wonder how single-incomed households manage to feed and clothe all under their care when I cannot even manage to do much with what I have, just for me.

I must have missed a few other eat-capades because I thought I ate at more places than these. It was a very good month with good food.

I should be more thankful..


2 comments:

Noreen said...

wah, wah, wah makan aje.

mlj said...

Hi! Thanks for your visit to and comment on my (slightly un-updated) blog.

Sounds like you have been enjoying the gastronomic pleasures lately :.P