Friday 20 June 2008

Random - The Night That Never Would've Ended

The three


.. if not because the shop had to close..

It was a random meet that was originally planned to happen the week before but being Dawud and his commitments, it happened that night. It was a good thing too because with that, Ahmed was able to join us while on his Malaysian tour. Ahmed you see, is a Somali who was conceived, raised and is now living in the UAE. I met and knew Ahmed while we were both studying engineering at IIU and extended the friendship when I happened to see him at the City Center while I was having lunch with my father at China Times, Deira City Center.

If you happen to arrive in Dubai and had the time to visit the City Center, do visit China Times. Nice food, generous portion and lets just say I like to look at a certain server there.

Back to the story, after work that day, I returned to Plaza Berjaya to visit Ahmed and meet Akram at Times Square's Chicken Rice Shop. Duduk borak kat situ pastu lepas Akram sudah makan, went to Starbucks down there where we met Akram's friend whom Ahmed wanted to have business deals with.

Long story short, everything ended and we were just sitting at the tables when Dawud called asking of my whereabouts. That was at 10pm. Told him where I was and he asked us both to meet him at Rawsha. Orhan would be there too. Orhan is an Albanian living in Macedonia. Father of one boy. Dawud has three, two boys and a girl.

Like I've said before, I'm very much a sucker for Arabic food. It's just a wonder why I'm not as crazy over their girls, haha.. So had some small supper and talked. Most of what we talked about cannot be republished here for content censorship but suffice to say that we had so much to talk about that the waiter had to approach our table to tell us they're closing..

I was up late on all nights that Ahmed was here and I guess the late night-normal day combo gave my body lesser time to rest and recuperate. That's 5 days and 4 nights. I had diarrhoea from Sunday to Tuesday after he left.. Wonder if it's related.

So here are the shots taken that night, with everyone but me in the picture. Go ask Orhan why he has those poses. Pictures taken 14/06/08. It's the P750, pictures don't look too good with it. A real camera would've done justice.

1 comment:

illusionist said...

arabic food is awesome. p750? wht the heck is tht? a .. kind.. of phone? i guess? i think it looks fine though- the picture.