Wednesday 18 June 2008

Mana nak beli minyak?!

Selamat pagi/petang/malam.. :)

I have been buying Petronas since before the RM1 coin was banned. I think that's quite some time ago, at least over 5 years. Petronas and ONLY Petronas. I am blessed because the location where I stay has plenty of Petronas stations within a 5km radius. Along the Middle Ring Road II, there are at least 10, on the left and right side of the road, not to mention the ones on Jalan Ampang, AU5, Jalan Jelatek and in Keramat.

There were times when I traveled outside my area and in need of petrol, I just passed by Esso, Mobil, BP, Caltex just so that I can get to a Petronas station. To an extent, if I need to buy water or chocolates or a short stop to the Gents, it is that familiar green sign that I look for. Countless times was I asked by friends on why I do this. My answer is simple.

It is Malaysian.

It really is THAT simple. Why would you have to go to extremes to hate something Malaysian? Hey, you're in THIS country for goodness sakes. If you hate the country so much, GO AWAY! GO OUT! and GO CHANGE YOUR NATIONALITY. It is not the fault of Malaysia that the country has turned so bad these last few years, it's simply the fault of the elected and nominated members of parliament. If you're so angry about those people, why were you so stupid to vote for them in the first place?

If it's not the country that you're hating rather the ministers and master of puppets that irks you, do the right thing, make the change.

Bodoh.

Marahkan kelambu, Petronas diboikot.

Apa, ingat kalau beli minyak kat Shell, kita dapat benefit? Kalau beli kat BHP, kita dapat rebat? Kalau beli kat Caltex kita dapat apa-apa lebih? Apa? APA yang kita dapat kalau kita dok sokong stesen minyak orang lain?

I think it's very lame to even start to imagine what effect we could come to when boycotting that petroleum company. Hah, sungguh nak boikot? Cuba satu mingguPetronas tak hantar minyak kat mana-mana stesen minyak kat Malaysia, siapa yang sakit? SIAPA?? Hari tu masa harga minyak nak naik pun dah ramai mengamuk sebab stesen minyak tutup bila minyak habis, inikan pulak hari-hari biasa.

Cuba la jadi orang sikit, cuba la fikir. Semua syarikat minyak ni bayar cukai, semua syarikat minyak ni ada tanggungan. Semua syarikat minyak ni ada CSR programs and as such, all companies have social obligations to fulfill. But of all petroleum companies operating in Malaysia at the moment, do you think that SHELL or ESSO or MOBIL or BHP has a bigger obligation to fulfill or is it Petronas? IF for instance your boycott is successful and Petronas makes a loss (HUH??) and needs to trim down its expenses, do you think the company would reduce exploration or stop the CSR program?

KALAU CSR program diberhentikan, siapa pulak yang akan rugi? I don't think the Dutch or American or whatever other nations would lose anything rather, it's our people, the younger generation, those who are currently getting support and help from Petronas that would suffer more.

Yeah, you would argue about stopping F1 and whatever else. Sudahlah. Kalau nak argue sampai ke lubang cacing pun boleh. Nak cari salah itu, salah ini, lemah itu-ini, I'm not a pro. Plus I don't have much facts to talk about so save your breath and saliva and save your energy. My point is simple, I support Petronas simply because it's a Malaysian company.

Still, notwithstanding, I have also marked out a few Petronas stations in my area for disservice. Like I said earlier, my support was there when the RM1 coin was still in use. 3 or 4 days before the coin was recalled from being a legal tender, I took my collection of 69 pcs to refuel my then Tiara. I went from station to station (Jalan Ampang, Keramat, Wangsa Melawati on both sides, Gombak, KL-Karak, near Sri Inai and tried one Shell at the foot of Bukit Antarabangsa) and no one wanted to accept the coins. Then I went to Razura Enterprise, beneath the AKLEH and they took in RM35. After that, stopped at AU5, they took the remaining.

My brother always say that I'm a ".. sucker for good service," and I agree :D

2 comments:

~marshmellow heart~ said...

owh my..marah betul...hehehe!

illusionist said...

hmmm... mmm... k wht r u talking about again?? ahaha.. jk x)