Saturday 31 May 2008

A New Blue T-Shirt!

Yeay! Someone bought me a blue Nike T-Shirt.

Yes, you ask, Nike? But you don't subscribe to Nike??

I don't. I used to buy Nike but stopped right after I did a project for my management class on SWOT analysis. I found out that Nike employed sweatshops to do their bidding and those guys then were earning less than USD30 per month. So disgusted I was that I chose to never buy Nike or Reebok (for the same reason) ever again. That was in the late 90s, hopefully there have been changes since then.

Oh, but I do have one Nike t-shirt, one Reebok t-shirt and a Reebok cap. The Nike was from Dawud, where I conveniently borrowed and never returned (it was a 90s story as well) and the Reebok was from Shamin (with an embroidered bath towel to go with) as a farewell gift when I left for Dubai. All of them blue :)

But this new Nike t-shirt, I've not seen and have not received yet. Missy D will ask Aunty J to bring it back for me. Spoke to Missy D and despite the cold single digit temperature over there, she sounded sunny :) Warm as usual.

Looking forward to that blue t :)

No comments: