Saturday 12 January 2008

The year, so far..

At the point of typing this, I'm still unsure if I'd like to blog in BM or in English. I've just read a blog post that reminds me how much I think in English, even when doing tasks in the Malay Language.

Now, to start of this posting, I shall have to take the year to begin some time near Christmas for that part of the year has just a little something extra, not in spirit but in event.

When I first went to the office, the boss, Joe, immediately invited me over to his house for a Christmas lunch. Back then, I wasn't even sure if I would be in Malaysia for the event seeing how driven the rest of us were (well, there's only three - Joe, Hamdan and I) on moving to Doha. The project seemed almost ready for delivery that we had to prepare our proposal post-haste (thank you dictionary for the spell and translation check!).

As it turned out, I managed to last the month without packing my stuff for the long-term overseas trip as we had to make adjustments for the later-than-intended delivery of the project. So go I did to Melaka's Taman Tasik something, located next to Bukit Beruang housing area for the lunch. This has to be only the second time in 30++ years of my life that I went to a Christian's house on Christmas Day. The only other would be over 20 years ago, to my neighbour's in Bangsar. They were the Sabaratnams with Mister, Missus, Miss Jane and their sausage dog whose name I forgot. Except for Jane, I don't really know their names but I bet my parents do.

The house that we lived in while in Bangsar was said to have a guardian in it, the truth I know not about but frequently have vibes that there's something or someone else there. That house was also once the neighbour to Datin Sri Tiara's dancing class/school/house. Khalisah was a cute little 1 year old (maybe less) when Tiara conducted her classes there.

So, Christmas lunch consisted of three types of gravy for the turkey and mutton, white rice, more mutton and some other Malaccan dishes. Joe's American but he married into a Portuguese family, thus the decision to live in Melaka.

The end of the year is as usual filled with holidays and (as an excuse :P) that resulted in me being rather immobile. We've concluded our proposal and financial reports and were just waiting to get it printed, bounded and sent to the other party.

I also had the opportunity to be with the alumni of Adni (where I *cough*cough* occasionally serve as an unofficial advisor) during their get-to-know-the-new-alumni-members session in Janda Baik. Photos are in Khalisah's Facebook account. She's the cam savvy, my time has passed. I didn't do much apart from being the usual unofficial official driver and for that day, barbequer of uncooked meats.

Went out with AJ, Ridza, Abeb on the eve of new year and managed to see the fireworks fire from four different locations while driving on MRR2. It was a pretty sight that wasn't captured on camera. MRR2 became an instant parking lot that night.

I started the gregorean new year with nausea after the long night that started with a mixed grill at Westerns Cafe (I kid you not, that's how they spell it) in Cheras. There was also some slight fever and some sense of being unwell but after many water bottles of water and lots of rest, I recovered.

I was unable to see Abeb off that Friday because my boss called for a meeting. Fridays are usually our day off because Joe doesn't work on Friday. I managed to reach Abeb's cell and spoke for a while. That Friday, we printed and bound our proposals, getting it ready for Joe's trip to Dubai on the 8th. As it turned out, Joe fell sick and wasn't able to go. It's now postponed to the 20th.

We'll be having a barbeque at home today. I am, again, in charge of the grilling :) Tu sebab tunggu hunter balik bawak kambing.. kalau hunter balik bawak ikan, makan ikan bakar je la, hehe.. :)

Oh, are you on facebook? If you are, do add me.

Until an updated future posting, do take care and have a wonderful weekend!

A happy happy new Hijrah year, everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Salam hujung minggu! =)