Saturday 6 October 2007

On the other hand,

On the other hand, my mum has been keeping quiet about my blog, which is also not surprising knowing how she keeps things that she would rather not have anyone know to herself. Like, if I know that she reads my blogs, what are the chances that I'd stringently vet my postings in the future?

Almost none. But still, there's a chance that I would. So better not let me know that she reads them. But then again, she might even get a whiff of it from my dad. Wait. No, that's probably not so possible. I seem to observe that my parents keep certain things to themselves, things that they feel privvy to and most times things that I don't say out loud. It's like giving me the space and erm, (for lost of a better word) respect. I've got to learn that technique to quietly guide people to a certain direction and make them erm, believe that they were the ones who decided on that course of action.

Kadang-kadang tu, when I reveal a certain 'news' to the family (to me, revealing news to the family is a story/thought/idea that's almost a month old), I can see the quiet satisfaction on either parent's face because they knew of that news earlier than the other. It's like, "I knew that was coming earlier than any of you!". I guess it works not just for parents but also in relationships.

Relationships are not only about how much you love one another but also how much you're willing to incorporate your life and lifestyle so it would seamlessly fit the both of you, in good, bad, happiness, sadness, in the everyday life and in special occasions. It's also about sharing not just wealth but also ideas, feelings, emotions, stories and events. It's about always being around when the other needs you, for a shoulder, a hand, a hug. Sometimes it doesn't really matter that you're a hundred, four hundred, a thousand, multi thousand kilometers away, although in most times, a physical appearance would be best.

And in relationships, it would be wonderful if we know of stories of our loved ones before it was made known to others. It's not about having the one-up 'advantage', it's about being important enough to be informed first, before it becomes public.

And you know now that this has reached someone else before it was published here :)

1 comment:

rj.zyra said...

*coughs*
uhuh. :P